When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: District Sales Manager, Genetic Sciences - San Francisco
Accountable for the sales results and the people leadership of sales representatives in the Bay Area and Nevada. Responsible for leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the genetic analysis (sequencing, quantitative PCR and microarray) business plan achievement.
- Business Acumen & Execution: Implement business plan to meet new account sales and introduce new products. Retain and grow current business and accounts. Coach team members to meet sales objectives. Monitor sales results. Provide accurate forecasts, pipeline management and sales tracking through IT tools. Oversee contracts, proposals and quotes. Approve competitive pricing as needed. Grow the business and increase margin with guidance from senior sales managers.
- People Leadership & Development: Attract, develop and retain sales reps. Build teams, inspire others and resolve conflicts. Openly communicate, develop the team and manage performance.
- Customer Relationship: Communicate with diverse customers and influencers to gain commitment and obtain resources. Monitor customer needs of products.
- Technical Comprehension: Develop and maintain knowledge of products, markets, industry trends and buying practices. Use product and application knowledge to understand customer needs and position solutions.
Measures of Success:
- Attain sales, profit, and market share goals.
- Increase share of addressable spend (share of wallet).
- Improve customer satisfaction and customer experience.
- Talent development, retention, Employee Engagement score.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Biology, Molecular Biology, biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of senior sales representative experience.
- Managing accounts, sales and client relationships.
- Managing sales teams (preferred).
- Setting sales strategies and coaching for selling effectiveness.
- Analyzing industry & markets.
- Planning business, forecasting and budgeting resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the qPCR and Sequencing markets to influence customer success and business performance.
- Capital Equipment experience.
- Understanding of the Academic, Industrial and Government Life Sciences environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Life Science Research and Clinical Markets (PCR/qPCR, CE. Arrays and or Sequencing is highly desirable).