Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
- Work directly with Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations in their area of responsibility to ensure successful manufacturing operations.
- Lead/Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving as directed.
- Lead/Assist in CAPA, NCR and other investigation processes.
- Manage daily production schedules, provides manager feedback and updates on daily schedule of activities and follows up with the technicians.
- Engage and encourage working relationships with peers in all other departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain and improve operational safety, efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Provide employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and encourages positive employee motivation and job satisfaction.
- Acts as a leader in the team.
- Work with Team to identify issues, resource needs and improvement opportunities. Offer suggestions for resolution/improvements.
- Participate/Lead in hiring/recruiting process.
- Participate/Lead Continuous Improvement (CI) events and problem solving. Assist employees with CI process.
- Monitor, track and provide feedback on employee performance through PMD process.
- Provide coaching and corrective actions when needed.
- Manage employee time and attendance.
- Continuously monitor work area to maintain safe conditions and take immediate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in project implementation.
Job Related Responsibilities:
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to and that personnel are compliant.
- Execute employee performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustments.
- Conduct employee coaching as needed to maintain performance management and development.
- Lead production effectiveness by communicating and cooperating with other departments and shifts to maintain or improve quantity or quality of production.
- Schedule and lead the interviewing and candidate selection process.
- Lead and provide training and development opportunities for assigned employees to enhance skills, and improve overall department performance.
- Prepare, review, update, and/or approve standard operating procedures.
- Lead root cause corrective measure investigations and improvement opportunities.
- Initiate, track, monitor and analyze production performance indicators for the purpose of controlling and reducing waste/scrap and improving efficiencies.
- Monitor efficiency of production systems and work with Team Members to recommend equipment, adjustments, repairs and modifications to enhance the system.
- Continuously monitor the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Execute corrective action and make recommendations when warranted.
- Lead and organize production flow to ensure production schedules are met.
- Recommend and ensure appropriate departmental housekeeping activities are maintained.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment for the safety of the employees, reporting any actual or potential safety hazards to JHSC and Senior Management.
- Promote continuous improvement on site, utilizing lean principles (PPI, 5S and Kaizen)
- 1 to 3 years of manufacturing experience at the Supervisor level, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- College or Science Degree in a related field preferred.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts.
- Demonstrated experience with LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or PPI is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 is preferred.