Research and Safety Division (Customer Channels Group)
Location: ideally on territory between Leicester and Manchester
Achieve or exceed sales and profit targets for your allocated sales region, through a combination of effective leadership of the regional field based sales team.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Develop strategy to incorporate and compliment the Thermo Fisher objectives into the overall region strategy.
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
- The management and development of the abilities and successes of your sales team is fundamental to the post. You will provide Role Model Leadership and management activity including coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop team competencies. Through regular observation, appraisal and monitoring you will encourage and identify excellent performance also swiftly and appropriately intervene where performance or compliance is below expectation.
- Help Account Managers identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities.
- Ensure Account Managers comply with Company procedures and policies.
- Develop and improve high level customer relations to improve position and profitability at customer accounts.
- Continually measure personal and team success against regional sales plan making the necessary challenges, interventions and decisions to successfully deliver, or exceed plan expectations.
- Provide weekly verbal and written updates and monthly reports to the Group Sales Director.
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products within the various markets in which we operate. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company.
- Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed including competitor activity.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation solution and expenses.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of business acumen and a clear understanding of the sales management role involving individual coaching and team development.
- Laboratory experience across a wide range of sectors including pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments would be an advantage, particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals.
- The ability to travel extensively within the region (>80% of time as an indicator) and also to attend regional and national meetings.
- Excellent organizational/team work skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation software a plus.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations, across all sectors in which we operate.
- This Role operates within a Matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, to manage both competing requirements and concurrent project activity. Strong project, time and stakeholder management competency is therefore essential to maintain several priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Strong work-ethic, the ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement).
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Science Degree, BSc or MSc in either Chemistry or Biology (or similar science related discipline)
- Understanding of Channel Management and people management experience
- English: Full professional proficiency in addition to a local language.
- Relevant experience.
- Full driver’s license.