Finance Leadership Development Program
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is designed to accelerate early career development of high potential college graduates to prepare them for upwardly mobile careers within finance at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The program is managed by a dedicated Finance Leadership Development Program Manager with oversight by the CFO and company Finance Leadership Team.
The program prepares participants for roles of increasing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. Program participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior finance leaders and participate in various key financial initiatives.
FLDPs will complete a 2 year program consisting of 4 rotations which will include at least two 6-month rotations in the Boston Metro area and one to two 6-month rotations in Carlsbad, CA; Pittsburgh, PA; or Boston Metro. Geographical flexibility is required during the program and also upon completion of the program. Relocation assistance is provided.
Rotation examples include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Cost Accounting (Manufacturing)
- Strategic Pricing
- General Accounting
- Division Finance
- Corporate Development
The FLDP program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years. Prior to completing the program, participants will work with the Program Manager to identify positions in which to interview across the finance organization.
- Full time student completing Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting between December 2017 and June 2018
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Related work or internship experience
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility is required during and upon completion of the program
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction