When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Follows all safety procedures and performs all duties using required safety equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Reviews work order for product specifications and requirements.
- Visually inspects components and completed units during assembly for quality and accuracy.
- Selects & assembles parts and assemblies together in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, braces, tape, etc. to meet specifications.
- Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit according to design specifications.
- Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per specifications.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, hacksaw, and drill press.
- Completes assembly processes to finish the unit in specified sequence.
- Ensures that completed unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation.
- Operator must be able to foam completed cabinets according to engineering specifications.
- Cleans immediate work area on a daily schedule.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Beginner Computer skills or wiliness to learn.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
- Preferred manufacturing experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.