Job ID :
US - California - Fremont
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to plan and execute purchase orders.
- Work with key stakeholders to optimize inventory levels to support demand requirements.
- Knowledge of good clinical practices and protocols, and supporting regulatory compliance.
- Locate, evaluate, negotiate, and select suppliers and potential suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards.
- Strong analytical skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Leads purchasing activities with manufacturing, engineering, and customer service departments to identify alternative suppliers.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently towards a defined goal.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction, demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with supply base and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of supply chain programs (consignment, JIT, VMI, etc.) and ability to manage project execution of these programs.
- Improves processes and creates efficiencies through lean initiatives (Practical Process Improvement) and project management.
- Supports the creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage metrics to track overall success and effectiveness of commodity performance.
- Initiates and executes contracts with legal support.
- Ensures compliance of supplier files by keeping all documentation updated.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing operations, business administration, operations management, purchasing, or equivalent work experience.
- Five to ten years procurement experience, preferably in global sourcing, in a high paced working environment.
- APICS or ISM certification is strongly desired.
- Some experience in a scientific environment or knowledge of chemistry or biology is a plus.
- Project management and ability to develop strong support for change with all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where standardization may be limited.
- Statistical analysis skills; must be able to analyze trends and statistical data and make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
- Self-driven, results oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to interpret technical data and a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with off-the-shelf database applications.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.