Job Title: Operations Finance Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for the Operations Finance lead for the Microbiology Division (MBD) manufacturing site in Basingstoke (over 200 operations headcount), with a strong bias towards business partnering with the operational team.
The role will be based at the Basingstoke facility. Occasional travel to other MBD sites may also be required.
- Strong business partnering with Site Director and other Operations, Supply Chain and Sourcing leadership; define practices and strategies to add value and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Develop robust process and scorecards to provide visibility to savings, restructuring costs, investments and overall financial performance on execution of all Operations initiatives.
- Manage and develop direct report, site Operations Finance Accountant
- Prepare and present monthly MBD financial and operational reporting & bridge commentary
- Operations accounting, cost centre review & inventory control
- Develop strong processes to enable regular standard cost updates and to ensure product costing is reliable and accurate.
- Prepare material cost and overhead cost analysis
- Factory waste analysis and inventory excess & obsolete provisioning
- Drive inventory efficiency programme
- Track site productivity and drive continuous process improvement at the site
- Analyse monthly and quarterly performance, with particular focus on KPIs and variance analysis against Plan, Prior Quarter & Prior Year
- Oversee development of annual budgets (AOP) and monthly forecasts for Operations
- Work with MBD UK shared service and US corporate teams for statutory reporting, tax and legislative compliance e.g. annual reports, transfer pricing
- Build financial models for capital investment appraisals and support business case proposals
- Drive continuous process improvement within the finance function
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Professional accountancy qualification - ACA/CA/CIMA/ACCA
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal, including the ability to effectively communicate with non-finance colleagues
- Deep knowledge of P&L and working capital drivers within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with key functional stakeholders to divisional VP level
- Desire for career advancement within Thermo Fisher Scientific
- CIMA qualified
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of SAP business system
- Experience of Hyperion Financial Management tools
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com