Position Summary: Supports the manufacturing process by performing job duties in a safe and efficient manner by performing duties pertaining to inspection, cleaning, labeling, packing, boxing, crating, and movement of all products
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following all personal and environmental safety guidelines.
- Works throughout assembly/production areas to accomplish goals by demonstrating ability and willingness to work with others when needed.
- Works in teams to accomplish overall plant goals regarding safety, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Inspect products for mechanical or cosmetic defects.
- Bring products up to meet or exceed cleanliness specifications using standard methods including but not limited to using solvents, ammonia, and some abrasive compounds.
- Be able to interpret and remain familiar with drawings, procedure manuals and packing instructions for all products.
- Must have the ability to perform daily activities such as the lifting of cartons and other packaging materials of various weights and heights as necessary to fully enclose all products for secure shipment.
- Must be able to safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to the day to day operation and support of the packaging department including but not limited to pneumatic and mechanical fasteners, fork trucks, hand trucks, small hand tools, radial arm saw and foaming machine.
- Must have the ability to interpret tape measures and weight scales.
- Able to cope with extended work hours in a fast paced production environment.
- Perform wide variety of light assembly work, which includes the balancing of blower motors.
- Utilize the SAP computer system in EWM and ECC to obtain parts, order, ship items to distribution center and follow work instructions needed to successfully complete all aspects of the packaging job. Will need to be trained and certified on Final inspection report to meet all packaging documented requirements.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards
- Work on Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience Requirements: One to three years experience in manufacturing, industrial or warehouse setting.
- Holds appropriate Powered Industrial Truck licenses as required.
- General knowledge of all products and their related parts is preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 50 pounds individually.
- Ability to maneuvers assembly components by hand in a repetitive manner conducive to efficiency, job specifications, safety, and quality goals.
- Ability to frequently stand, bend, kneel, stretch, reach, lift, sit repetitively to accomplish assembly production goals using eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity while intermittently being exposed to noise, fumes, dust and dirt during assembly of products.
- Computer Experience: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of SAP Operating System, which includes EWM and ECC along with Windows Operating System.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.