The Research and Development Engineer is tasked with developing innovative chromatography column packing methods and providing engineering support to drive new product development and innovation. Will work closely with the production groups for new product transfer and to support production activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct R&D activities with the emphasis in column packing, chromatography evaluation, and innovation.
- Develop reliable and reproducible packing process of capillary and nano LC columns for LC-MS applications, and of UHPLC columns for high-resolution and high throughput applications.
- Responsible for transferring column packing process from R&D to Column Engineering and Production.
- Support and troubleshoot development and production issues.
- Coordinate the activities between Operations and R&D to ensure the good alignment and create synergy.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Document detailed and accurate records.
- Write technical documents such as SOPs, manuals, procedures for the responsible product areas.
- Continue to acquire and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure continuing personal growth to meet the needs of the job and the success of the business.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are adhered to and that considerations are given to improve safe working practices to take reasonable care for oneself and others who may be affected by one’s acts or omissions.
- Work closely with other R&D staff on various projects
- B.S in Chemistry or chemical engineering, or closely related field
- Good knowledge of liquid chromatography including instrumentation and columns
- Familiar with modern HPLC instrument operation
- Hands-on experience in column packing
- Good technical writing skill
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office, MS Outlook.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance