Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Boston|US - Massachusetts - Remote / Field
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Demonstrated use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating a value proposition and closing. Has proven Strategic Selling skills.
- Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Thermo Fisher philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using Strategic Selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, write, and execute a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from DM, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist
- Host and assist product shows either at assigned accounts or locally on a routine basis.
- Provide regular oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Field travel as necessary (approx. 4-5 days per week).
- Expectation for industrial and academic accounts requires approximately 12 consultative calls per day with 5 field days per week (consult with DM for further detail).