As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our Continuous Improvement team for supporting implementation of the PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Business System at the Thermo Fisher Scientific Vantaa site in Finland. Key objectives of the position are to provide support, coaching and mentoring in Continuous Improvement tools and techniques and to increase employee engagement in the PPI Business System and establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to improve flow efficiency, productivity and accelerate growth
- Deploy the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System and organization with clear connections to the business while developing the base capability of our people to be able to coach and solve problems
- Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate project savings estimates, validate reported PPI benefits, and ensure accurate accounting of PPI productivity
- Report and analyze Key Performance Indicators for continuous improvement
- Act as Vantaa site representative in international environment involving multiple sites in different time-zones and cultures
- Facilitate and deliver systematic problem-solving Practical Process Improvement training projects to ensure sufficient levels of PPI competency and accurate training records
- Report continuous improvement activity and support building a culture of self-sustaining continuous improvement and highly engaged employees
- Be responsible for CI Communication within site and to corporate/other sites
- Conduct training events following the learn/do model in areas such as lean leadership, value stream mapping, problem solving, Kaizen, waste and variation elimination, material flow, 5S, visual management, lean sourcing, lean office, built-in quality, 3P etc.
- Facilitate sharing best practices both within and outside of the Thermo Fisher that can be used to accelerate the PPI Business System
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Previous working experience in driving continuous improvement culture and improving flow efficiency in a Lean environment
- Experience in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- Ability to facilitate teams to achieve successful results through Continuous Improvement activities
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface & influence effectively at all organizational levels and work effectively in a matrix environment
- Self-motivated with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Effective, articulate and concise communication - written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in engineering, operations related field or finance is beneficial for this role
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving initiatives independently. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in innovative and international working environment.
Should you have any questions, please contact Operations Excellence Manager Anne Ahola at +358 45 197 4959 on Monday the 21st of August between 15-16 and on Monday the 28th of August between 10-11, or by email to email@example.com.
Applications together with CV and salary suggestions should be sent no later than 3rd of September 2017. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.