The Logistics Value Stream Manager is a critical role in Laboratory Chemical Products. This position provides leadership by overseeing all functions and employees in the Logistic Value Stream. With a focus on continuous improvement and transformational leadership, this is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high profile segment of our growing and evolving business.
- Value Stream Manager position incubuses management of:
- Domestic & Export shipping
- Distribution and Manufacturing inventory management
- Distribution and Manufacturing receiving
- Project management
- Responsible for day to day Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost Leadership throughout Logistic operation and inventory controls
- Provides guidance, direction and leadership to ensure that products are received, stored, picked, packed and shipped with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness among associates, and implements 5S principles.
- Conducts fact-based analysis using Lean techniques to create value and manage to a future state Value Stream that eliminates waste and drives continuous process improvement related to safety, quality, delivery, inventory, cost and productivity.
- Lead complex continuous improvement initiatives.
- Champions the implementation of Lean methods
- Implement lean philosophies in an effort to drive continuous improvement and productivity gains.
- Must be able to lead PPI and Kaizen events
- Be able to provide updates to upper level management on Lean activities, initiatives and project progress using a variety of means
- Provides leadership guidance during Gemba walks.
- Leads Value Stream Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reviews each month. Identifies gaps and implements countermeasures.
- Builds strong alliances across all functions and is strategic liaison to Product Management, Customer Service, Design Engineering, and Finance to meet Customer and Stock Holder commitments.
- Mentors and develops direct reports and entire Value Stream Team. Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results.
- Establishes goals, sets priorities and coordinates all related activities within the Value Stream to ensure drive and focus towards meeting or exceeding established common business objectives from the Site Goal Tree and Strategic A3.
- Monitors, reviews, and improves Logistic and quality related activities and drives corrective and preventative actions. Focuses team on using standardized work practices.
- Oversees and manages Value Stream expenses to meet budgets and financial objectives and proactively seeks opportunities to drive improvement of the operating results.
- Maintains proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- 10+ years working experience in a Logistic/Distribution environment with strong leadership experience and decision-making ability.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred areas of study are chemistry, engineering, or business systems. An advanced degree such as an MBA is a plus.
- Process industry experience required; chemical or pharmaceutical experience a plus.
- Warehousing, logistics and Inventory Controls is a must
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change. Proven experience as a Change Agent.
- Knowledge, experience or training in Lean techniques and proficient in process auditing.
- Strong Project Leadership experience with the ability to be involved with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of other business functions such as Logistics, Finance, Customer Service, Engineering, and Human Resources.
- Ability to travel as required, <5%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.