When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Based on target stocking levels (MTS items) and MTO demand, schedule production to optimize manufacturing sequence taking EBQs, lead time and component availability into account while level loading labor requirements
- Gain consensus from the Value Stream Manager for the schedule on a weekly basis
- Provide short and long term capacity planning for the assigned Value Stream -proactively identify short term constraints and provide input / validation to long term constraints identified in the SIOP Capacity Planning model;
- Collaboratively work with engineering and manufacturing to resolve constraints that do not require capital investment.
- Place orders with suppliers in response to planning requirements that balance both service level and inventory.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring component shortages do not impact manufacturing’s ability to meet the schedule.
- Track service levels and inventory of manufactured and purchased materials to achieve customer service and business objectives.
- Create RCCMs (Root Cause Counter Measures) for metrics that are not meeting goals and work with key stake holders to implement containment and countermeasures.
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring timely delivery of components from vendors and manufactured goods from operations. Communicate material supply issues proactively with all required business functions.
- Track Manufacturing Schedule Attainment and Supplier On-time delivery.
- Actively manage Slow Moving and Excess & Obsolete stock utilizing established business processes and systems.
- Maintain material and vendor master data in SAP and other systems as necessary. (Material Master – ROP and safety stock values for WIP and Raw Material, Vendor Info Records and Source Lists, Lot Sizes, Leadtime, etc.)
- Support Value Stream GEMBAs on a daily basis - communicate daily Schedule Attainment, Stock Availability and Past Due priorities to Operations; resolve any component shortages
- Support new product launches and product discontinuances - provide capacity input and create supply plans
- Work jointly with the Finance Team and Value Stream leadership to set monthly KPIs with respect to overtime and labor to machine hour plan inputs; actively participate in monthly Value Stream MBRs; ensure accurate invoicing for purchased material
- Work jointly with Demand Planning to translate Finished Goods forecasts into machine hour plans and project impact on inventory; provide feedback on ROP and safety stock values set on a quarterly basis
- Analyze lead times and EBQs on a quarterly basis and set appropriate parameters in SAP; collaborate with manufacturing and suppliers to drive lead time and lot size reductions
- Participate on Lean, PPI, SAP, Safety and other project teams as appropriate.