- Follow all defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Area Supervisor and / or Regional Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions based off of instructions provided and / or site work instructions
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential process problems
- Utilizes basic systems to support various Unity Lab Services processes
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to Unity Lab Services and customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including product returns as needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Works solely at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 75 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being.