When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Lead the Trade Compliance Team to champion processes and policies to realize 100% compliance with all global trade restrictions and China’s import & export laws and regulations.
- As one of the key internal control points, stand neutrally to supervise Thermo Fisher China’s import and export business fully complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Interface with China’s competent custom and other import & export supervision authorities to build up the good communication channel, thus, to smooth the daily working relationship and improve business efficiency.
- Lead working group or special task force to response and handle inquiries, challenges and crisis in relation to China custom regulatory affairs; participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and divisional initiatives
- Deliver training to internal customers and stakeholders on the laws and regulations of China custom and China import & export.
- Provide classifications for new parts; .Manage HS classification country database .Pre-classifications for critical parts;
- Manage Customs & CIQ enquiries on classifications, permits/licenses and evaluations;
- Keep closer relationship and effective communications with both internal (sales, CS, and engineers) and external parties (brokers);
- Monitor changes in rules and procedures and inform key stakeholders;
- Projects to improve the chemical import/export process;
- Strong role model leader with ability to influence decision makers and manage change, advanced project management skills and well-developed interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Highly professional in the laws, regulations and departmental rules in relation to China custom regulatory affairs and China import & export business; knowledge of Global Trade Law and a willingness to continue learning
- Strong capability and network to facilitate the company to build up good working relationship with competent custom authority.
- Excellent analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and motivate people
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and influence others to achieve results
- Self-motivated with bias for action
- Available to travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 56,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com