The Manager Production Planning coordinates production planning for the Microbiology Division (MBD) Lenexa operations and is responsible for driving operational performance in On Time Delivery, Inventory Turns and capacity planning. This position is responsible for managing the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process for MBD Lenexa Operation, including development of the Supply Plan and Executive SIOP Review. Key performance measures will include customer order fill rates, backorders, schedule adherence, inventory and material outdate. The position will also support global MBD efforts to implement SIOP and optimize supply performance.
This role also collaborates with the manufacturing teams to improve execution and support to local planning employees to accelerate continuous improvement efforts across each value stream. Role also supports overall network capacity planning, manufacturing and replenishment planning capability support for the activities managed by the Supply Chain.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for production planning and control process methodology and SIOP. Provide daily management and lean leadership for activities of the planning and logistics teams.
- PPI/Lean Enterprise - Work with key stakeholders to continuously improve master scheduling and material management practices; Create opportunities to collaborate with key customers and suppliers on improvement opportunities.
- SIOP - Drive improved effectiveness of SIOP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards; Engage with and coach site teams to ensure proper actions being taken to improve process results.
- Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make operational recommendations with regard to material planning, forecasting and inventory efficiencies such as min/max planning.
- Formulate improvement actions to improve:
- planning and inventory level control to relieve opportunity for product obsolescence &
- material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- Develop and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that measure all materials management functions.
- Provide leadership to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing cycle time, schedule realization and total cost productivity. Collaborate with Site & Operation Leadership teams to identify, prioritize, and resource project.
- Translate business goals into planning and logistics departmental goals; ensure implementation of plans to achieve or exceed goals. Track progress toward goals and ensure prompt initiation of corrective actions and attainment of financial objectives within established budgets.
- Understand capacity and ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources to meet supply plans in collaboration with Production Managers.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate and lead planning team, including objective setting, regular feedback and development and performance reviews.
- Ensure a safe work environment, working closely with HSE and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines.
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and employee adherence in order to comply with all GMP/QSR, and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all FDA, ISO, DOT and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience in multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity.
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve successful results, including those with a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Significant experience of value stream management, data collection and analysis and ERP implementation.
- Strong Analytical, data management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, MRP/ MRP II software.
- Able to travel periodically
- APICS CPIM preferred, but not required.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.