When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Web Development Manager oversees web development activities for the maintenance of systems and services that support the company's digital technology delivery initiatives. Responsible for solution design, detailed technical designs, development planning, and implementation of new features for highly visible customer facing web properties. Coordinates activities with other project teams within the Digital Technology Delivery organization. Implements stable and reliable solutions to support critical customer transactions such as order entry, pricing, search, content (for catalog & marketing), and others. Responsible for maintaining a premier team of web engineers who are motivated to meet business requirements through the successful completion of projects and initiatives. Collaborates with peers within architecture, development, visual design, business analysis, quality assurance and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred - Computer Science, Information Science, or related field
- 7 - 10 years of IT Experience
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance and support of features necessary to deliver world-class websites for Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Improves business processes by collaborating with customers, colleagues, and other functional teams
- Manages the efforts of the web development team to maximize web site effectiveness to support the revenue generating goals set by the company
- Develops estimates and reviews project timelines, work plans, design documents, and deadlines of the project team
- Has demonstrated experience working with agile project methodologies
- Implements and improves the development life cycle and works with peers to streamline all supporting processes
- Oversees staff to ensure that specifications are met on time and within budget guidance.
- Participates in architecture & design meetings with the project team
- Ensures that effective communication is maintained between customers, peers, and the web development team
- Participates in budget process for hardware, software, and personnel expenditures
- Interviews, selects, develops, mentors, and evaluates performance of staff
- Participates in the evaluation of new and emerging technology
- Displays a wide degree of technical skill and creativity
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task effectively
- Leverages and stays informed of industry best practices related to web development
- Proven knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures required to support large scale, mission critical, web
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks, effectively direct the work of others, and adapt to changing
- Demonstrates ability to provide a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong customer service orientation
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Participates in multiple projects and oversees staff to ensure that specifications are met on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and the process of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates ability to manage the technical aspects of large projects and initiatives including project estimation, project planning, resource planning, project budget control and successful completion.
- Possesses excellent, effective, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support director in strategic initiatives, new system analysis, and setting long-term goals (roadmap)
- Sound knowledge of java development, database, network, microservices architecture, web applications, and cloud technologies & tools (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Experience with cloud, eCommerce and middleware technologies is preferred
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Microservices Architecture
- Comergent eBusiness Platform (IBM)
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Adobe CQ Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- hybris Product Content Management (PCM)
- Endeca (Oracle)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM)
- Oracle Access Manager (OAM)