When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Oversee software architecture for software team, provide technical leadership
• Implement software components based on specified requirements
• Collaborate with software team to deliver high quality software deliverables
• Work with product owners to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are clear
• Communicate status, risks and roadblocks to project team stakeholders
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines. – or a minimum of 10 years of software product development
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Proven experience with object oriented software design, implementation, and software system architectural oversight
- Experience designing and developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications
- 7+ years of production software experience with Java or C++
- 1+ development experience with Python
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Experience working with geographically distributed team.
- Highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and "figure out what needs figuring out"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document software design artifacts
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, SQLLite) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus
- Experience with OSGi frameworks (i.e. Felix,Pelix, Equinox)
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com