Life Sciences Group Information Technology is seeking a talented Business Systems Analyst for Manufacturing Solutions. Must be self confident, assertive and self-motivated. The individual will plan, design and implement efficient business and systems solutions for optimization of manufacturing operations. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of proposed projects, and systems requirements. Partnering with manufacturing operations in driving business value and continuous improvement through application of Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques. Will also include assisting with system and user acceptance testing and overseeing test execution.
- Background in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining custom manufacturing execution systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and application of core industrial engineering principles and business process decomposition for process optimization
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems architecture
- Strong data analysis skills including data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
- Experience capturing functional requirements in the form of use cases and user stories.
- Hands on experience with UML modeling methods, including system context diagrams and diagraming business processes with activity diagrams
- 5+ years’ experience in software development (SDLC) as a systems analyst and support of translating functional requirements into test cases. The majority of those years should include experience end to end in SDLC for the full duration of projects.
- 3+ years’ experience with manufacturing execution systems (MES) architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. MS and/or MBA preferred.
Other Qualifications (not required but a plus):
- Life Science industry and/or bio chemistry background
- Software development experience and understanding of Oracle technologies (ODBC, Object Oriented database design, query optimization/tuning, PL/SQL)
- Practical experience in project management and/or implementing and leading Agile Scrum planning and development
- Experience with Camstar and TrackSYS MES
- Experience with AspenTech Finite Scheduler (manufacturing planning tool)
- Experience with GMP manufacturing and QMS applications
- PMP Certification or Scrum Master Certification
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with internal customers and all levels of management in a non-technical manner.
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Provide guidance and consultation to manufacturing based on an understanding of T.O.C and Lean Manufacturing techniques (VSM, Kaizen etc.).
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently gain consensus and set expectations
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and task”.
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be self-confident, assertive and self-motivated.