How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. As the Sr. Director Operations – Site Partner, you will enable the transformation of sites leveraging the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System to become Centers of Excellence.
What you will do
You will work with key stakeholders of the business to strengthen the site’s organization, establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture, and ultimately ensure the site reaches its goals and objectives. You will be deployed to a site for 4 week – 6 month engagement where you will be deeply embedded in the site leadership team. There may be periods where you act as an interim site leader, responsible for delivering quality product on time while optimizing financial performance in a safe and compliant environment. This interim capacity may also include responsibility for entire site P&L, meeting production and budget goals, implementing process and technology improvements, improving productivity, and supporting R&D and Sales for product innovation. In addition you will:
- Lead functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and PPI Business System capability at all levels of the organization.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Act as a site change agent, interim site leader, or key functional leader to stabilize and improve the operation.
- Provide support to the management team to strengthen the organizational structure of a site, provide talent management and development leadership and help address potential gaps in critical roles within the organization.
- Work with the business to track overall performance and take systemic actions to mature the site to consistently achieve its goals and objectives.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Assure that systems, processes and activities meet applicable quality and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, publish, and deploy a site level strategy that is cascaded from the Division-level Operations and business strategies.
- Build rapport with the workforce to ensure productivity, uninterrupted workflow and high morale.
How you’ll get here
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, operations or business.
- Operations oriented Lean Expert with 15+ years experience in lean and Operations.
- A ‘hands-on’ track record of leading change utilizing a business system including elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping.
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, error-proofing, material flow, and kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process.
- Operations leader with experience in site turn around / change management
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization.
- Able to travel domestically ~50% and internationally as needed.
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.