When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Strategic field based role supporting key commercial activities, promoting the use and value of the TSQ Triple Quadrupole Product portfolio in quantitative bioanalytical, clinical diagnostic and food safety laboratories. The role will involve the use of new and novel hardware, software and consumables, to deliver customer enabling routine workflow solutions, and advising clients on the regulatory needs and implementations of Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions on a global basis.
- Schedule and coordinate face to face technical interactions with internal and external customers.
- Lead technical product specification, application and protocol optimization discussions with clients and prospects for the LCMS Triple Quadruple Product Line in regulated environments.
- Assist commercial team in identifying customer opportunities, needs, determine technical feasibility of custom analytical requests and analytical/process optimization opportunities in consultation with the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) Commercial Team with the aspect of capabilities in the cGxP FDA regulations and global associated Guidance’s for Industry.
- Serve as the primary field-based technical interface to potential and existing CMD customers in the area of implementation of TFS solutions in the regulated laboratories.
- Provide troubleshooting on issues that arise related to end-User’s technical skills, regulatory implementation protocols, software validation and recommendation of processes for success in the regulated laboratory.
- Leverage your advanced and continually expanding knowledge of our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry products & services to provide effective recommendations to the customer on analytical workflows.
- Facilitate timely and efficient communication between the customer the Commercial, Technical Support and the Business Unit to compliance related concerns and issues.
- Participate in training programs for Commercial teams & TMO staff and seminars to external customers to increase customer awareness of the TSQ triple quadruple product line.
- Collaborate with R&D and provide recommendations on how products can be improved, and also inform product management of new technologies that could complement our existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Maintain awareness of competitor activities and innovations within our current and prospective accounts, and the marketplace generally, ensuring that relevant information is circulated within our organization in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently communicating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Lead or participate in matrix team interactions with internal and external customers regarding compliance related matters
Work with external customers to create new business processes or harmonized with the customers’ existing processes for the successful implementation of analytical systems within customers’ regulated laboratories.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or a Bioscience or equivalent education plus work experience
- 10+ years of work in regulated laboratories, regulatory compliance or operations compliance in the cGLP, cGMP, or cGCP environments.
- In depth experience in the implementation of the Code of Federal Regulations 21 part 11, 58, 820; their associated Guidance for Industry and globally related regulations.
- A understanding of small molecule, protein and peptide LCMS quantitation. A understanding of biological sample preparation for LC/MS analysis is required.
- Experience with a broad range of quantitative LCMS instrumentation and compliant software offerings.
- Requires excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong project and time management skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 50%).
- Knowledge of basic chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
- Knowledge of protein/peptide quantitative and associated informatics.
- Ability to summarize and present experimental results and have excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.