Process Operator (GMs)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
Due to increased customer demand we have vacancies for Process Operators in the General Manufacturing (GMs) department. There is an expectation that you may be required to work in other areas within the Production department when required to ensure adequate cover and maintain efficiency and productivity e.g. to cover holidays, sickness and during high levels of demand.
Please note these roles will require weekend shift work, and the working pattern will be 40 hours per week working either Wednesday to Sunday, or Saturday to Wednesday. The successful candidates will work a rotating shift pattern of 6am-2pm one week and 2pm-6am the following week.
- Product Quality
- Ensure Products are manufactured in-accordance with current Codes of Practice & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adherence to daily check routines / planned schedules. Highlighting of out of spec items for remedial action.
- Ensure that when products are transferred to other Departments, they are in a suitable “fit for purpose” condition that meets the customer’s expectations.
- Manufacturing Efficiency
- Meet, maintain & strive to improve daily throughput levels.
- Inform Supervisor of any process update required & suggestions to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Cleaning of equipment after use & storing of items in a safe & correct manner.
- Reporting of equipment / product defects immediately.
- Adherence to procedures & safe working practices whilst operating machinery / equipment.
- Assist in the removal & disposal of all factory waste via dedicated waste streams.
- Carry out adjustments & calibrations of machines within specified limits.
- Able to identify spare parts, their location & uses. Maintain local stocks of consumable parts.
- Support other Production areas to cover absence or throughput issues.
- Maintain clear & accurate records
- Accurately enter the relevant information on required documents / computer systems.
- Improvement activity and projects
- Support company goals by involvement within “small group activity” & area improvement teams.
- Responsible for overseeing an improvement until completion.
- Improvements to SOP/Processes through PPI methods (Just Do It/Kaizen/Projects)
- Training & Development
- Assist in identifying own training needs & items to improve Department performance.
- Responsible for assisting the generation of applicable written procedures.
- Act as trainer to untrained staff for all items fully trained on.
- Health and Safety
- Report all incidents & hazards. Conform to / develop and maintain area safety standards for safe working practices and good housekeeping.
- Actively promote H&S awareness and full-fill responsibility as defined in the H&S / Environmental policies / codes of practice
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and an early shift and days in rotation with other team members
- Knowledge of SAP/MasterControl and Office software (Excel, Word)
- Flexibility in the variety of roles undertaken
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- An enthusiastic approach to continuous improvement activities
- Ability and willingness to learn technical skills and the ability to train/coach others
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com