Job Title: Senior Warehouse Specialist
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of purchase orders to meet inventory and customer
- Be safe by understanding and using the safety processes and procedures outlined in the Doe & Ingalls Safety Center.
- Comply with D&I safety policies and procedures in the warehouse by executing the safety training and accident preparedness. Bring potential safety issues to the attention of the Warehouse Group Leader and/or Site Manager.
- Understand and execute PPI Lean Leadership tools such as Daily Management Board, 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and Kaizen Events. Work to continually improve work process accuracy and productivity.
- Accurately perform material handling processes required to receive, store, pick and ship material.
- Accurately perform the receiving inspections of inbound shipments and storage of products in designated warehouse locations.
- Accurately perform order picking functions and prepare orders for shipment including required inspections of sales order and shipping manifest.
- Accurately perform required warehouse tasks such as warehouse equipment maintenance and calibration, temperature control monitoring, pest control and housekeeping requirements as directed by the facility leadership.
- Learn and execute ISO 9001 D&I Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions and cGMP guidelines related to this position’s duties and responsibilities.
- Meet the operational standards set forth in the Company’s and Distribution Services strategic yearly plan.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prefer More than 2 years of experience in warehousing and material handling
- HAZMAT shipping experience desirable
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as Customer Service, Quality and Procurement.
- Forklift experience highly desirable, or must become forklift certified within 30 days of employment
- Physical ability to perform materials handling responsibilities including sitting, standing, bending, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs, walking, pushing/pulling, driving a forklift, and operating other warehouse equipment with or without reasonable accommodation
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.