Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Engineering Student for a 9-month internship opportunity. The site is responsible for the design and manufacture of flow cytometers used in the life sciences industry. The intern will work closely with experienced engineers in the area of mechanical/instrument design on a variety of technical tasks.
Work with a team of engineers on projects related to the field of flow cytometry.
Knowledge and experience in optical design, optical test equipment, optical test methods, and optical system analysis.
Will use a combination of software and hands on bench experimentation to design, and analyze optical systems.
Present solutions to complex optical problems to a range of audiences including technical and non-technical team members.
Work with hardware engineers and software developers to find solutions to complex optical design challenges.
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Flexibility to work a minimum of 20 hrs a week with opportunity to work Full Time during summer and holidays.
- Enrolled in masters of science accredited degree program
- A minimum of two years engineering coursework completed
- At least one term remaining to complete the degree
- Experience ZEMAX, MATLAB, Solidworks, Office and other software for design, analysis and communication.
- Ability to apply math, science and engineering fundamentals to solve technical problems
Works in an office environment. No traveling required.
Works in an engineering prototype lab with access to hand tools.