Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). These high-end tools are being produced and developed in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- The installation of a Talos System at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Trade Compliance Manager is a senior management position with oversight and responsibility for design and implementation of Trade Compliance infrastructure and processes within Materials and Structural Analysis(MSD) Global Operations. The Trade Compliance Manager will manage the strategic trade compliance program pipeline that is aligned with the global supply chain strategy. The mission of the role is to maintain a good company reputation while facilitating international trade in a cost effective way.
The Trade Compliance manager reports to the Global Supply Chain organization and is part of the MSD Supply Chain management team. In this function you have a strong working relationship with corporate Trade Compliance, Production Logistics, Service Supply Chain, Transportation, IT, Legal, Sourcing, Quality, NPI/R&D and the Sales & Service Operations Centers
The Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for:
- Leading the trade compliance council
- Global trade compliance performance – managed through standardized metrics and reporting
- Global trade compliance processes, including but not limited to:
- Owning and driving the strategic project pipeline and ensure alignment (on requirements and priorities) with relevant functions on this pipeline
- Leading projects and programs in line with agreed strategy and pipeline
We expect that you:
- Have a good understanding of the company’s trade compliance risks and what needs to be done to manage these. .
- Support the team in all areas of the program including training development and implementation, compliance communications, compliance audits, external consultancy, manage 2nd line escalations,
- Can rely on a strong peer network in the area of trade compliance
- Can build and maintain strong relationships with lines of business and relevant functional groups.
- A University / Bachelor degree is required, with demonstrated skills.
- Experience: 10+ years’ experience in Logistics / International Trade Compliance / Customs
- Communication: Excellent knowledge (verbally and written) of the English language.
- Proven track record in Logistics management (Successful Assignments and Tangible, Measurable Results)
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and subject matters.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Experienced in Trade Compliance, including customs management, FTA, export controls, licensing, audits, duty management, CoO, Restricted party screening, dual use, customs valuation, supply chain security, AEO/C-TPAT.
- Act and think as a member of the Global Supply Chain Management Team
- Team player in a matrix organization, balancing operational and functional requirements.
- Customer focus when organizing and managing the execution of deliverables.
- Lead and coach a team of professionals
- Project and program management skills
- Open Communication, understanding of multinational communication structure
- Flexibility, conceptual thinking and hands-on management