When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the eSolutions Business Development Manager (EDM), you'll be responsible for eBusiness revenue growth through the expansion and optimization of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s digital capabilities – including eProcurement (B2B), Web (B2C), Onsite Stocking and Thermo Fisher Connect within the assigned corporate accounts and geographic area.
Your primary responsibility will be to articulate the value of eBusiness through strategic discussions and analysis of customer buying patterns in order to facilitate share gains then recommend the best way to fulfill customer needs through optimizing channels. The ultimate outcome is total account growth through improved customer experience, vendor consolidation, ease of ordering and preferential supplier status. You will also be responsible for the training and application of key SFE, channel tools and systems for workflow selling and vendor consolidation. You will design and execute the strategic plan for direct customer acquisition, development, and retention of eBusiness solutions across assigned customer segments and all Thermo Fisher Scientific markets.
You will interface and partner at all levels with the customer including C-level, CFOs, Strategic Sourcing, Commodity Managers, Category Directors, Materials Management, Procurement and Contracts Directors, Deans of Finance, Budget Administration, along with purchasing agents, PIs, and lab managers.
- Develop and execute optimization strategy within eBusiness team to expand our global digital capabilities (eProcurement, website, onsite stocking & Thermo Fisher Connect)
- Support eSolutions and eBusiness leadership by identifying and evaluating new business opportunities that fit with the overall eBusiness strategy.
- Co-author marketing and merchandizing strategy and plan with key stakeholders including eBusiness, Market Development and Regional Marketing.
- Analyze global eSolutions programs, including business, industry, and competitor trends.
- Analyze customers’ needs and identify drivers of purchase behaviors to increase online spend aggregation.
- Design and execute strategy to achieve revenue shift and share gain through effective positioning of eBusiness including B2B, SC, and vendor consolidation within assigned geographic region.
- Help define, develop and own the global eSolutions strategy including relationship, metrics, financial objectives, technical channel evaluations and demonstrations, and management of the virtual account teams.
- Work closely with sales teams, Corporate Accounts, Strategic Relationship Managers, Key Account Managers, Industry Directors, regional/district managers and account managers to develop account plans that include eSolutions as part of the strategic relationship.
- Possess a deep understanding of accounts organization and ability to develop trusted and valued relationships with major decision makers, clarify goals, and reach agreements.
- Provide robust monthly and quarterly metrics to forecast eSolutions opportunities and performance regularly and accurately
- Serve as SME for channel specifics, processes, and NPI/complex offering concerns.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s portfolio of products and services to establish targeted customer solutions to achieve short term revenue and long term business goals. Leverages all that Thermo Fisher brings to market.
- Think and act with a global mindset at all times.
- Employ and embrace PPI as a means to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Global eSolutions.
- Embrace and live Thermo Fisher values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in a scientific or business discipline required. MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales and/or Marketing required
- Experience in industry, academia, clinical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology research or laboratory sales.
- Experience influencing across a highly matrixed environment with demonstrated results
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business with channel partners across multiple levels
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to maintain and promote diplomacy to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Experience developing relationships with multiple customer functions including R&D end-users and leadership, Procurement, Finance, and Operations
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Technical and working knowledge of vendor managed on-site inventory programs
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills, proactive approach.
- Excellent data analysis and marketing skills and ability to apply these skills to generating business decisions
- Technical and working knowledge of customer procurement systems and practices including B2B, B2C, etc.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with aggressive project timelines.
- Demonstrates superior listening, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Willingness and ability travel at least 50%
- Proven track record in Sales and Business Development role.
- Strong role model with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels
- Experience managing accounts producing over $15M+ in revenue