Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the product supply chain for assigned suppliers.
- Negotiates best cost, service and quality solutions with suppliers to support business needs and inventory metrics to meet corporate targets
- Supports and promotes continued supplier performance improvements through integrated solutions (ex. EDI PO, acknowledgements, invoicing, ASNs) and weekly performance tracking programs such as LOTC (Lines on Time and Complete) and service level reporting
- Ensures regular communications are held with key suppliers, maintains close liaison and assures accurate supplier and product information.
- Manages inventory by minimizing slow moving, obsolete, expired, overstocked and dead items
- Responds to seasonal and contractual demand fluctuations.
- Provides reporting, analysis and feedback on suppliers as required
- Assists with quality improvement reports (QIR) when escalation is required ensuring acceptable quality standards are being met.
- Ensures supplier contract adherence where applicable.
- University degree or college diploma in a business, procurement, or logistics discipline.
- Enrollment in, or completion of, Certified Purchasing Professional designation program of APICS certification is an asset.
- 3 years experience in a business/logistics environment.
- Proven negotiation, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Proven analytical and excel skills. BI experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and develop both internal and external relationships. Works regularly with Suppliers, Distribution, Customer Service, Finance, IT and Sales. Works with Customers as required.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.