To be successful in this role, you will require excellent communication and problem solving skills. You will be required to communicate with many finance stakeholders across Australia and New Zealand. You must be highly organised and be able to manage and prioritise many non-negotiable deadlines. In addition, a positive and proactive nature will ensure your success in this position.
General Leger accountability
- Take full responsibility for core elements of the month end close process for TMO subsidiary entities.
- Preparation of deferred revenue and cost calculations for TMO subsidiary entities on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of accrual analysis for electricity, rates & taxes, temp labour and equipment hire on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for HFM entity loads on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, corporate and local accounting policies.
- Ensure full compliance with SOX and PCI requirements.
- Preparation of core ANZ balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations.
- Ownership of inter-company recharges to TMO subsidiaries.
- Ensure assigned areas of the month end close is completed and reported on within required KPI’s.
Group Reporting Responsibilities
- To play a key role in ensuring the Finance team meets monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Actively contributing to the SOX audit process as directed by management
- Assisting with other ad hoc audit procedures and requests as required
Business Activity Statement
- Full responsibility for the accurate and timely completion and submission of BAS calculations in respect of Thermo Fisher Scientific Australia and Thermo Fisher Scientific New Zealand.
Cash & Treasury Management
- Reconciliation of cash management system on a daily basis.
- Accurate reconciliation of all bank reconciliations in relation to the ANZ entities on a regular basis.
- Reconciliation of intercompany cashpool accounts.
- Resolution of reconciliation issues in an accurate and timely manner. This may involve coordination and follow through with other teams such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Responsibility for all treasury related administration tasks.
- Maintenance of Treasury Matrix containing bank and signatory details.
Full ownership for the responsibility for a number of core ANZ property management tasks:
- Securely maintaining key property documentation
- Coordination of property payment approvals and submission to Accounts Payable
- Reconciliation of property outgoings
- Management of rental property cost increases
- Associated budgeting tasks.
Actively contribute to core finance projects as directed by Senior Management and provide regular concise updates as required. Any other duties as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance required with a view to attaining Professional Qualifications if not already secured
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an accounts preparation role
- Experience with using a tier 1 accounting system
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high volume department
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Being proactive and the ability to see an action through
- Ability to meet required deadlines