When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Associate Product Manager will provide execution for products across the Ion Torrent business of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This person will develop and assist with managing a portfolio of on-market and new products. S/he will be responsible for assisting development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product life-cycle management. Responsibilities include helping to develop marketing plans and market research, working with new product development teams, managing inventory, pricing and customer communications.
Essential functions include:
Assist with managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams. Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation. Work with new product development processes from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, product launches and sales training. Work collaboratively with other members of Ion Torrent team to drive growth for the business segment.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing Thermo Fisher Scientific's defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and is able to synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information. Around 15% Travel (international and domestic) is required.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in life sciences
- 1-2 + years of relevant product management experience
- Proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing
- Ability to assist with managing project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development
- Ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success
- Requires strong customer facing experience
- Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials
- Next generation sequencing experience
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products, some life sciences
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com