The Staff Hardware Test Engineer is tasked to evaluate and test products during Product Development stage from original concept through post-production to verify that they function according to specifications and standards.
Will work with product development teams, and fulfill both a technical leadership role in mentoring other team members and a project leadership role in helping the team navigate through assignment and performance conflicts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Product Development Verification and Validation:
· Represent the testing perspective in review meetings of requirements and specifications
· Develop a testing strategy for all functional aspects of the product
· Participate in Product level testing (inclusive of chemistry testing)
· Reporting testing results
· Provide assistance to manufacturing for development/optimizing Quality Control test methodologies
Product "Post Production" Testing support:
· Consult with Development Engineers and Service Representatives to reproduce reported errors
· Update test instructions for design changes
· Perform Post-production product testing
· Report testing results
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent
- Proficient in Systems Test Methodology development, automation, and archiving
- Proven ability to successfully lead a testing team through a significant product development project
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree (M.S. or M.A.) or equivalent
- Four-plus years’ experience in Ion Chromatography operation and verification.
· Proficient or proficient in Chromeleon 7 Instrument Control Methods, Automation Techniques, and Quantitation
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.