When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager, Program Manager has global responsibility in leading the Security Program’s numerous initiatives through project management excellence. This person will lead a team of experienced project managers in driving several high-profile projects associated with one of the corporation’s highest profile initiatives: Cyber Security. They will also be responsible for implementing program management best practices across all Security Program initiatives to ensure clear and timely communication, track essential project metrics, and support completion of project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Lead team of experienced project managers in organizing, managing, and driving projects that align to the vision of the Corporate Information Security (CIS) program.
- Ensure projects are well organized and run efficiently and effectively coordinating all activities in line with the Corporate Project Management Framework.
- Plan and manage resources from various teams for project success
- Continuously improve project management tasks and milestones using feedback and lessons learned as input into existing or future project plans
- Ensure program activities are well communicated prior to start, during, and after the program completes
- Provide consultation to the CIS Leadership Team (LT) on project strategy, resources, timelines, budget, and other relevant topics.
- Actively engage with GIS program management office to ensure alignment and sharing of project management best practices
- Track accomplishments to show return on investment provided by the Corporate Information Security programs such as risk reduction, regulatory compliance, data/system protection, identification of threats, and/or productivity gains
- Present regularly to leadership on success of projects and CIS Program initiatives, as well as escalate, explain, and most importantly offer solutions when risks/issues to projects are causing failure or inability to complete on time or budget.
- Ensure identification, management, automation, and regular tracking of program metrics to support trend analysis and reporting
- Drive excellence in reporting and escalation so that top-down and bottom-up reporting/escalation paths are clear and tracked accordingly
- Manage and mentor team personnel in all facets
- Masters and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management.
- Information Security, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, or Risk Management work experience highly preferred
- 8+ information technology and/or Information Security work experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into sound project solutions
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.