When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Responsible for purchasing activities associated with assigned commodities from internal and external suppliers. Forecast, plan, prepare and control materials requirements and purchases. Support the continuous flow and delivery of assigned commodities per requirements as assigned by the MPS/MRP messaging system and/or specific sales and service requirements utilizing JIT, VOMI, VMI strategies as required.
- Issue, update, and maintain purchase orders based on ERP system requirements taking into account supplier constraints.
- Review MPS daily and resolve any exceptions. Update the ERP system with real-time data to allow planning/scheduling and manufacturing visibility into interruptions in material availability.
- Clearly communicate possible obsticals and contsraints to the nescisary personel to maximize efficiencies.
- Maintain vendor metric performance including, but not limited to, vendor score cards, on-time delivery, and delta P (pricing variances).
- Work cross functionally to resolve inventory, production, and supplier return issues as they arise.
- Maintain accuracy of the ERP supplier data and costing elements.
- Use analytical skills to participate in various practical process improvement projects and lead projects as required.
- Requires a Bachelors level degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 1 years in purchasing or materials management experience.
- Must have a customer service focus with the ability to enhance internal client relationships using excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience with low cost region suppliers is a plus. Experience with MPS/MRP and inventory control is required.
- Experience in an ISO / GMP environment preferred.
- Must be willing to travel minimally (<10%).
- Ability to work remotely as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- JDE Oracle experience is a bonus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.