Job title: Finance Director Supply Chain Europe, Research and Safety Division (Customer Channels Group)
Location: Illkirch, France or Loughborough, UK or Schwerte, Germany
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing 2 Financial Analysts (UK/NL) reporting into Sr Finance Director Global Supply Chain (based in Pittsburgh)
- Business partner with the Sr Director Supply Chain Europe and his Supply Chain organization to develop quarterly segment forecasts and Annual Operating Plan.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, and communicate recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, and operating forecasts to ensure optimal business decisions
- Manages Supply Chain spend for all 7 DC’s and all Transportation flows in Europe, Savings trackers, Inventory Levels and other (financial) KPI’s
- Is part of the European Financial Leadership team within RSD
- Is part of the Steering Committee to drive Freight Pay & Audit Solutions across all division in Europe, linking up with the TTG Transportation Team
- Provides clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to Senior Management with minimal lead time
- Work in a cross functional environment including Accounting, Commercial Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales, ULS to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting and communicating recommendations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports including expense monitoring and month-end-close responsibilities.
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals to increase the overall finance talent bench Perform other related duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Proven history of leading cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with (Internal) customers, peers and operating partners
- Recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes
- Manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commit to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and COGNOS are required; skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, SQL, and other database management systems are preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team of professionals
- 10+ years of progressive relevant work experience required
- International experience preferred
- Travel < 25% per month