Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You Will Make A Difference.
As a Project Manager, you will work with the PPI Business System Leader to drive project activity and deliver on improvement opportunities to keep in line with our commitment of excellence within the Customer Care organization. This position will support, coach and mentor the Customer Care agents and departmental/site leadership to identify and drive continuous improvement and business excellence. You will help to drive the culture of continuous improvement across the greater LSG NA Customer Care organization by partnering with departmental leaders and site leaders to promote PPI involvement, support agent and leader improvement initiatives, and drive larger scale projects and PPI events to timely completion. You will be a focal point for data collection strategy, process mapping and Work Instruction development. You will be both mentor and coach to the broader agent population and liaison between the larger Business Unit and the Customer Care center.
What You Will Get to Do.
• Directly support departmental leaders regarding data strategy, collection, problem identification, metric analysis, and project support.
• Directly serve as a mentor/coach for continuous improvement to the agent population and departmental/site leadership.
• Assist in identifying and organizing improvement opportunities from Gemba, Tier meetings and leadership discussions.
• Provide training and facilitation for PPI events that deliver on Pipeline commitments
• Conduct Process Mapping and Work Instruction activities, and build pipeline opportunities to support the overall NA LSG Customer Care strategy.
Nature and Scope
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information and activity that supports the larger LSG Customer Care strategy. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure project success and timeline delivery. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player. Must be able to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize your work to meet deadlines, and deliver on time results.
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Works in an office environment. Must be flexible with hours worked to support project goals as required. Domestic and International travel may be required; typically less than 25% but up to 50% to support project goals as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 experience with Data/Metric Analytic exposure.
• PPI/Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or certification
• Project Management classes or certifications
• Experience and comfort with Process Mapping, Work Instruction, Charter development and Kaizen facilitation
• 2+ years of working in or with a Customer Care Center with general understanding of the Quote to Cash process
• 2+ years of working with goals and metrics, with demonstrated action based on that data.
• Comfortable with personal computer applications such as Microsoft Office including, Visio, Excel and Power-Point.
• Demonstrated experience and success within a transactional Contact Center using data and metrics analysis
• General knowledge of various ERP systems (to include SAP, Baan, Macola and E1)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.