Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
The Life Sciences Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific currently has a vacancy for a Key Account Manager, with a background in veterinary diagnostics market, to drive growth of the Agribusiness in South Eastern Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join global Life Sciences organization.
Territory: South East Europe: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, Baltics and Balkans
The position is home based in Poland.
Language requirements: Fluent English. Additional region language like Polish is considered to be beneficial.
- Responsible for the sale of the veterinary diagnostics product portfolio through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory in a manner that positively reflects the Company image.
- Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- Partner with local distributors to identify and develop potential leads.
- Developing and closing veterinary diagnostics projects within the territory.
- Competes for all existing, and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed plan.
- Works directly with customers in the region to define opportunities for growth of the Agribusiness portfolio.
- Develops growth strategies in partnership with the Distributor and supports the Distributor to exploit those opportunities to promote penetration, retention and loyalty.
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships on the short and long term. Focus on the strategic development of key customer relationships by implementing and updating Account Planning.
- Gathers analyses and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market. Information includes forecasting and lost order reporting
- Identifies, nurtures and focuses on key accounts and key opinion leaders to drive innovation and the company solutions into the market
- Identifies competitor activities and develops tactical activities
- Update and maintain the CRM (Siebel) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organization.
- Provides information support to Regulatory Affairs team to register the product portfolio in the region.
- Participates in new distributor selection with senior management.
- Responds efficiently to internal and external inquiries
- Proficiency in technical selling skills and product knowledge within the veterinary diagnostics market.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LSG colleagues and distributors.
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory (50% up to 75%).
- Full valid driving license desirable.
- Fluent English speaking language skills are required for this role. Additional region language like Polish is considered to be beneficial.
- Will hold an academic degree (BSc) or has equivalent level of experience in veterinary diagnostics market.
- Broad experience (3-5 years) in sales/technical sales function, and proven track record in veterinary diagnostics or closely related field.
- Research/Bench experience in the field of veterinary diagnostics desirable