Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Chromatography Consumables business unit, part of the Chromatography and Mass spectrometry Division (CMD), supplies chromatography consumable products and is based at the columns factory in Runcorn UK. There is a close relationship with our Divisional colleagues responsible for sales, service and supporting the analytical instruments that use our products and with Fisher Scientific colleagues who are a major distribution channel for our products.
The leadership teams are committed to continually improving our relationships with our customers from pre sales through to post sales delivery and working with our employees to help move Thermo Fisher Scientific to an employer of choice.
Job Title: Internal Sales Specialist, Chromatography Consumables - 12 month FTC
Reports To: Chromatography Consumables Field Sales Manager
Group/Division: Analytical Instruments Group/Chromatography Consumables
Career Band: 5
Career Track: Professional
Date: September 2017
To technically sell the complete range of CMD chromatography consumable products. Make contact with new and existing customers over the phone, email. Highlight our latest innovations and services and provide a differentiated customer experience through application and method development support.
- Originate phone calls, respond to incoming calls and provide technical information on all chromatography Consumable related products and services
- Actively promote premier products lines through applications, efficiency gains and technical support providing customers with full workflow solutions.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop reports providing market & competitive intelligence, and KPIs.
- Manage and maintain information in the Customer Relationship Management system
- Work closely with the field sales team to manage and maximise sales opportunities. Arrange customer visits, when appropriate.
- Coordinate link between Technical support and Sales to the improve customers experience
Education and Experience
- Degree in Chemistry or a related science.
- Knowledge of the Chromatography industry desirable
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organisational skills.
- Selling experience preferred not essential
Enterprising & Performing:
Focuses on results and achieving work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Seeks opportunities for self-development and career advancement.
Creating and Conceptualising:
Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situation and problems with innovation and creativity.
Organising & Executing
Plans ahead & works in a systematic an organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.
Interacting & Presenting:
Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others. Relates to others in a confident and relaxed manner.