When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Director, Customer Care - The Americas
Lead the Americas region (US & LATAM), multi-country/multi-site, customer service call center team of ~300 team members in a variety of strategic and day to day operational areas including, but not limited to, workforce management, quality assurance and training. The Customer Care Leader develops and directs the management of the Customer Care function to drive customer satisfaction and improved operational efficiency.
- Coach, inspire and lead team of Managers, Supervisors, Leads and Frontline Team Members.
- Establish and implement performance standards and metrics.
- Evaluate and facilitate changes to business processes and workflow to deliver maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- Understand key market trends and implement improvement initiatives to build a world-class customer care function.
- Analyze and recommend cost-effective technology solutions.
- Plan and communicate changes in processes, policies, practices or procedures in a clear, concise and expedient manner throughout the organization.
- Build the human resources capability within the Customer Care organization, optimizing organizational design and functional excellence.
- Define, monitor, report and control the Americas Customer Care budget.
- Handle escalations and complex customer situations as needed.
- Ensure that the development of business systems and available technology is utilized to maximum effectiveness.
- Benchmark customer care operations and offerings against competitors and industry leaders.
- Interact with Senior Management on all service- related activities and matters to capture impact to Customer Care and end customers through business decisions.
- Partner with information technology to deploy systems-related projects in the Customer Care organization.
- Committed to and passionate about the Customer Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required- preferably business-related.
- Broad technology and commercial orientation with 7-10 years minimum experience in an industry leading high volume customer service organizations with senior management experience (leading managers of people).
- Proven track record of influencing and coaching senior leadership and executives on key matters.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written).
- Must be able to travel 50% within region, with some international travel required.
- Regional or multi-national leadership experience; experience leading remote teams is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have the presence, visibility and personality that will enable them to quickly establish credibility through all levels of the organization.
- Self-confident, bright and possesses the right balance of both strategic and tactical thinking.
- Strong relationship builder with experience leading in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to execute change management strategies through all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to identify and implement best practice initiatives leveraging global models.