- Develop and direct the execution of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Monitor and communicate progress toward achievement of financial objectives; oversee monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews; identify trends driving positive and negative variances to plan
- Partner cross-functionally to provide financial guidance on project/cost accounting, contract analysis, pricing strategy, and business alternatives to improve overall business performance.
- Coordinate with all involved parties to prepare financial deliverables and presentations and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review and prioritize capital expenditure requests
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or other business related disciplines (MBA a plus)
- 7+ years of experience
- Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1. Experience with Siebel a plus
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and financial system structures
Key Success Factors:
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and leader.
- Applies strong technical and analytical skills to influence strategic business decisions.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Willingness to travel (10%) as BU Leadership is not located on site
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.