When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Recommend and apply engineering methods and procedures to improve product quality to keep plant operational, eliminate waste, reduce cycle time, and improve operating performance. Provide technical support to manufacturing departments through the collection and processing of information relating to assigned projects, followed by evaluation of all information and alternatives resulting in recommendations for a course of action to management.
- Provide hands-on support to day-to-day manufacturing issues.
- Troubleshoots existing products and processes to recommend solutions to address capacity, cost, and quality issues.
- Evaluate economic feasibility of capital projects and help prepare justifications.
- Develop machine/manpower requirements and utilization for long-range business plans.
- Identify and implement new equipment to meet product and process requirements.
- Collect and analyze data using engineering principles and statistical models and interpret results.
- Prepare reports and present data to peers, supervisor, and internal customers.
- Conduct routine validation protocols for processes and systems.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills needed. Familiarity of relevant regulatory requirements preferred.
- Resolve shop floor technical issues to achieve shop throughput and quality goals
- Recommend Manufacturing processes and procedures, tools and equipment, layouts and methods to improve: Flexibility, Energy Utilization, Set-up Time, Value Added Operations, Manufacturing Cycle Time, Material Utilization, Quality, Perform all duties within ISO 9001, Preventive Maintenance Program, Third Party Certification, Safety, Customer Satisfaction.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s).
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives and support all PPI, and Lean projects.
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge of hard goods manufacturing processes and machinery, along with a good analytical ability to analyze present procedures and make recommendations for improvement to management.
- Must be able to resolve complex problems.
- BS in Engineering or relevant experience
- Minimum two years working experience.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate same across department boundaries and with all levels of management.
- Solidworks and 3D modeling experience.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers, customers (both internal and external), and leadership.
- Ability to handle internal and external customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner.
- CMM programming experience a plus.
- Injection molding processing experience a plus.
- MS Office proficient.
- Ability to alternate between standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability work flexible hours at high level of intensity, closely and effectively with people of all levels of the organization to produce necessary results.