When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the proposal process from beginning to end; from lead qualification to pre-RFP period readiness reviews to content development to the submission of the proposal. Coordinates the efforts of the proposal team members.
- Development and production of proposals in response to solicitations, including assisting Project Managers/Directors and subject matter experts by providing RFP analysis, creation of an outline of the company response, drafting or coordinating writing assignments, and ensuring compliance and consistency with RFP requirements.
- For technical responses to solicitations: Plans and collaborates with others to design and develop a proposal winning strategy, deconstructs the solicitation and generates an outline, drafts or assigns content to SMEs, prepares the final response and associated attachments, distributes the proposal for review, and incorporates reviewer comments to produce a coherent, winning document. Responsible for the editorial integrity of proposals and related submissions, ensures that the technical response is compliant with the solicitation, and consistent with the business/price submission.
- For business responses to solicitations: works with contracts and/or quoting staff to plan, generate an outline, compile the needed attachments, and ensure consistency between the technical and business/pricing submission.
- Works with Business Development team to access, gather, collect and assess relevant information and insight to provide an advantage over competitors and create a superior value proposition.
- Provides timely responses to Sources Sought, Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), etc.
- Responsibility for production (including cover art, page layout, tab dividers, printing, and binding) of business and technical proposals according to the requirements of the solicitation.
- Ability to generate original proposal content working with subject matter experts and business development staff.
- Ability to generate proposal content that sells Fisher BioServices service solutions and supports a winning proposal, winning culture, and winning organization.
- Supports the Quality Assurance Department by responding to and completing Vendor questionnaires as requested by new/potential clients.
- Responsible for generating and reviewing marketing content as needed based on availability.
- Responsible for upload of responses/pricing into electronic purchasing systems and ensuring the response is correctly submitted.
- Performs sentence-level to publication-level edits of proposal materials (level edits: grammatical, substantive, single voice, other).
- Prints/produces proposals according to RFI/RFP requirements and Thermo Fisher Scientific document style guidelines and quality standards.
- Maintains and updates proposal support materials such as templates, style guides and other written collateral.
- Participates in The Global Content Team and other marketing activities, and fulfills assignments to deliver marketing collateral according to deadline.
- Assists QA department with responding to vendor questionnaires and related queries when requested by new and potential clients.
- Provides monthly reports and metrics associated with proposals.
- Coordinates proposal team meetings and prepares/disseminates proposal-related materials.
- Submits service orders for main printer and maintains printer supplies, other resources in production room.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
- Requires an understanding of Government and Commercial procurement and proposal processes
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.
- Requires strategic planning ability and outstanding organizational skills handling multiple documents
- Requires ability to coordinate multiple and concurrent proposals/ projects under deadline
- Requires excellent written communication skills, including clear written descriptions of technical, business and procedural subject matter
- Requires ability to effectively work with a wide variety of staff members and collaborators.
- Requires ability to make editing and final copy decisions after receiving multiple inputs from staff members and collaborators
- Requires ability to meet deadlines
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communication or biological sciences.
- Requires 3+ years experience with proposal management, development, technical research, writing, editing, proof-reading and collaborating with subject matter experts.
- Requires 3+ years of experience in a technical/biomedical document production environment for a government contractor or equivalent organization.
- Requires previous work experience in GPO Style Manual.
- Requires experience in generating marketing content and other materials related to business development.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.