Thermo Fisher Scientific's LSG Group's BID Commercial Division has an immediate opening for a Sr. Financial Analyst who will be responsible for the monthly close, consolidation and forecasting process for Revenue and OpEx for the BID Commercial organization. Specific activities include:
- Track revenue by product group, business unit and geography on a monthly basis compared to annual operating plan.
- Work closely with business partners and various commercial leaders to forecast Revenue and OpEx monthly and understand risks and upsides to forecasts.
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with accurate, timely and relevant information for decision-making.
- Complete analytics around revenue trends, market changes and performance.
- Perform Customer analytics and financial modeling around customer contracts and deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years of related experience with an advanced degree (MS or MBA).
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to develop high levels of creditability and forge solid and positive professional relationships with upper management and peers are prerequisites to success in this position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of leading financial planning, reporting and analysis activities.
- Demonstrated history of driving businesses to improve performance.
- Self-motivated with a high bias for action.
- Oracle/E1 (or major ERP) experience preferred.
- Experience with Cognos data queries a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase or strong aptitude for multidimensional financial databases a plus.