Reporting to the Operations Finance Director, this finance leader will support the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) factories and be expected to initiate and drive Operations Finance activities focused on cost optimization, improved visibility and reporting efficiency. The global network of factories are located in North America, Europe and Asia and are responsible for driving in excess of $1.5B of revenue for the division. This position will partner with the global factory finance teams as well as divisional functional teams to provide visibility and productivity potential across CMD.
- Provide financial modeling and scenario analysis for strategies and initiatives as identified by leadership team (i.e. Outsourcing, Footprint Optimization / Site Consolidation, Warranty Savings, etc). Ensure alignment of local goals and initiatives with overall corporate goals and initiatives.
- Drive rigorous and transparent financial reporting (i.e. warranty, scrap, freight, LCR manufacturing, sourcing / PPI savings, distribution cost) metrics, financial planning and analysis to support business decisions.
- Provide ongoing analytical and reporting support to Operations leadership team on freight and logistics costs, overhead spending, warranty and E&O performance in addition to ad hoc requests.
- Support CMD’s monthly and quarter reporting requirements around productivity and inventory and drive alignment across business units and division leadership.
- Champion for PPI and lean transformation. Actively drive productivity and a continuous improvement culture. Partner with operations team to identify high impact projects, and to validate and accurately measure all project savings.
- Establish relationships with individuals across the division to define practices and strategies to drive productivity and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Work with SIOP team, Commercial Finance and Business Unit Finance team to drive effective SIOP process, improve Inventory Management and reduce E&O charges.
- An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA and/or a Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA) are strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, a strong technical foundation in accounting, as well as broad business and operational finance capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded finance leader with an operational focus. He/she should have a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible business experience which includes global business exposure.
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to accounting, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues. Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired, as is experience in installation of financial systems and development of product cost methodologies.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, SAP).
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure.
- Engaged, field-oriented leader, who values frequent interactions and dialog with subordinates, peers, and the company’s leadership team.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.