When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Supports the manufacturing and warehouse processes by performing job duties in a safe and efficient manner by using good judgment in the delivery of materials and products within the plant and to the customer. Will complete the essential job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner, while maintaining accurate inventory and assisting our team in meeting our scheduled demands.
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy. Rotates and consolidates stock as necessary.
- Takes accurate cycle counts when errors are located.
- Performs stock handling assignments as required to utilize warehouse and market space efficiently.
- Observes all safety rules to prevent injury to self and/or others.
- Keeps warehouse and Market areas neat and orderly.
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Must be licensed to operate picker truck and stand-up truck.
- Previous experience with shipping and warehousing is preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Operates equipment using hand and foot controls and observes surrounding areas for safety issues.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using hand-trucks, tractor/trailer, or other equipment.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch, reach, climb, repetitively to accomplish goals of the warehouse and stock room and direct impact of company-wide production and shipping goals.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.