When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The manufacturing team at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bedford) is responsible for manufacturing and testing chromatography media (large and small scale), disposable columns, and Performance Optimized Polymers and Chemiluminescence synthesis/formulations. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The candidate will provide technical support and leadership for analytical method development, validation, and method transfer. The candidate will also drive method and process improvements and problem solving to support Quality Control and Manufacturing.
- Analytical method development, method validation and/or verification, Gauge R&R/MSA (development and execution)
- Interface with various departments to ensure smooth product test method transfer to Quality Control
- Assist in all levels of Instrument specification, validation/qualification and support.
- IQ/OQ of analytical instruments
- Instrumental analysis, including HPLC, GC, HPLC/MS, GC/MS, CE, ICP/MS, UV-Vis, FTIR, fluorescence analysis, KF titration, , particle size analysis, viscosity measurements
- Lead or provides support to develop, write and review new and existing SOPs
- Drive process improvements through data based decision making
- Adhere to ISO 9001/13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher quality policy
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing facility/environment
- Candidate must possess a strong analytical and technical skillset
- Strong development & method validation experience
- Strong chemistry or chemical processing knowledge
- Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees
- Exposure to quality systems (ISO 9001, 13485 standards) or FDA
- Must be able to work independently as well as work with a diverse team.
- Ability to problem solve and work efficiently under pressure while adhering to timelines
- Ability to prioritize assignments and to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment is essential
- Molecular biology assays (microplate assays, microplate
- HPLC systems and methods(AKTA/Unicorn/Agilent/PE HPLCs)
- DNA Sequencing/Fragment Analysis, and Capillary Electrophoresis equipment
- Lean/Six Sigma/PPI experience preferred
- Understanding of statistical tools and statistical process control
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.