When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the P&L and new product strategy for our CE/Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing service & support portfolio within the Global Services and Support business. You will create and implement global business initiatives to accelerate the growth of these strategically important service portfolios and drive revenue and profitability targets, price setting/margin strategies, new product strategy, innovative marketing strategies, and provide day-to-day product sustaining management.
- Manage the Sequencing service and support business strategy including market outlook, competitive assessment and opportunity prioritization. Build business plans with global network to support product line strategy and financial viability; present to senior management.
- Develop new service and support product offerings following the Product Commercialization Process. Leverage functional expertise across Thermo Fisher Scientific to identify new product and service offerings that will support growth of a multi-generational portfolio. Provide vision to cross functional internal teams based on market dynamics, geographic regions, customer segmentation, and competition.
- Ensure the successful hand off from new product development to market expansion after launch and commercialization of product. Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition.
- Manage P&L financials and annual revenue targets of the Sequencing service and support portfolio. Capture and track results. Partner with regional marketing and regional sales to drive revenue growth plans. Model future product growth and strategy to support portfolio.
- Delineation of the 4 P’s of Marketing: Product, Price, Place, Promotion for a portfolio of offerings, taking into consideration: customer segmentation, value proposition, and product positioning message. Create and deliver launch plans for new products, on time and on budget.
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match our core business strengths to market needs, and work with market development to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Work with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Leverage information to create segment specific product strategies and offerings.
- Ensure sales and delivery cycle for all products is user-centered and smooth—an experience that delights the customer and increases the Customer Allegiance Score of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Life Sciences or a similar discipline with general knowledge/understanding of Biology, Marketing, and product management.
- 5+ years of P&L management or product management experience.
- Experience in Capillary Electrophoresis and/or Next Generation Sequencing markets and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch new products in a dynamic market place.
- Experience with financial modeling or data analysis.
- Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Mastered ability to distill customer requirements, understand competitive strengths and weaknesses, and develop compelling product offerings and value propositions addressing competitive threats.
- Experience effectively communicating, building strong cross-functional relationships and working closely with other teams across the business at all levels.
- Experience leading teams without direct authority.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans based on a vision.
- Able to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and encounter problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.