Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan – eligible to participate to earn additional compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days of employment
- Starting compensation is $18.00/hour
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
This chemical batch production focused position is responsible for working safe, eliminating production defects, maximizing product throughput, and continuously improving the overall performance of the batching operations. This position is responsible for the manufacture of quality bulk solutions for Thermo Fisher Scientific production operations.
- Produce bulk solutions to meet daily manufacturing needs.
- Safely produce quality product, efficiently and on time.
- Adherence to daily submission of bulk solution sampling to QA.
- Timely turnaround for all QA mandated adjustments to batches.
- Comply with company, safety, and regulatory mandated policies and procedures.
- Follow all batching procedures precisely.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Utilize required Personal Protection Equipment at all times.
- Perform assigned tasks to support objectives of team, department and company.
- Voluntary and possibly mandatory overtime may be required to support team, department and company objectives.
- Improve equipment – identify opportunities and need for repair – coordinate with Maintenance, Team Leaders and Supervisors.
- Actively participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI), 5S and other continuous improvement and lean projects.
- Comply with all company production procedures and instructions to ensure task completion.
- i.e., SOP’s, work orders, material lists, work instructions, others.
- Perform all required quality checks on product and process to include verification of chemical usage, equipment, packaging and other.
- Complete and maintain all job related records, including the performance of basic math to calculate production batching records.
- Perform cycle counts on raw materials.
- Perform equipment and process setups, basic maintenance, cleaning of equipment, work area and facility.
- Perform and assist in machine set ups.
- Perform cleaning and basic maintenance on batching equipment, work area and facilities.
- Comply with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Wear proper PPE as required by Thermo Fisher Scientific safety policy.
- Exercise proper lifting, bending and twisting techniques.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Specific Job Related Training Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience with working in chemical manufacturing is preferred.
- No travel is required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability and a positive attitude.