At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Safety Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of Fisher Safety’s products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged primarily in safety dominant customers like petrochemical, industrial, electronics, and medical device. The Safety Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Manages territory to ensure effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the territory; Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Maintain awareness and understanding of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers. Incorporate this data into the business plans.
- Supports multiple research sales representatives by providing information specific to safety, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other safety support
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability, experience in negotiation
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Be aware of supply and price trends and support customer inquiries and communications as required
- Implements customer specific action plans, working with purchasing and management to perform hazard assessments, making product recommendations, providing product training with regard to occupational health and safety equipment
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 6+ years of sales experience, preferably in safety products or controlled environment products
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.