When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The eBusiness team is responsible for the overall digital experience that Thermo Fisher Scientific provides to its customers. It’s an exciting time, and our dynamic team is actively creating new capabilities and bringing innovative business models to market. Our current strategy is to create an industry leading digital customer experience that both accelerates innovation and enables productivity within about our customers and our own operations.
eBusiness is searching for an enthusiastic communicator with a strong grasp of content framing, content design, and messaging strategy to enable highly effective internal connectivity and involvement with our strategy and its buildout.
This person will upload content for, maintain, and regularly assess the success of a set of internal platforms for keeping teams abreast of initiatives across the teams, collaborations, and successes. The individual will independently develop deliverables showcasing group efforts and notable accomplishments in efforts tied to eBusiness strategy and goals.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for curating and/or creating content for all internal and strategic communications, including Town Halls, All Hands, monthly newsletters, weekly blasts, and company intranet content specific to eBusiness. They will also work with the necessary stakeholders to build out change management materials as they are needed in the delivery of programs.
This person will work closely with leadership for high visibility and special project communications, including but not limited to strategic planning, leadership meetings and reports, quarterly updates, and business reviews.
• Work closely with eBusiness team leaders to ensure value-added communication between functions that ensures optimal productivity, business growth, and goal fulfillment
• Support eBusiness leadership with various content deliverables by leveraging copywriting, formatting/design, and broad contextual understanding of group interactions as they relate to day-to-day project progress
• Drive employee use of internal communications platforms by crafting and curating engaging content
• In close collaboration with applicable leaders, draft, edit, and deliver organizational announcements and high level communication as needed
• Leverage understanding of broader eBusiness initiatives to encourage effective communication channels between teams, functions, and to outside groups
• Provide regular, audience-tailored updates on project/program statuses
• Support change management communications and initiatives as needed
• Broaden larger company understanding and interest in eBusiness strategies, functions, and successes
• Minimum 5 years in a marketing or communications role, with an emphasis on communication drafting and messaging framing
• Expert communicator, listener, writer, and editor
• Expert in PowerPoint, Word, and other applicable design and copy editing platforms
• B.A. or B.S. degree or higher in communications, marketing, writing, journalism, or similar
• Basic understanding of and interest in eBusiness as it relates to the success of a larger company
• Experience with business intranet and other applicable corporate tools for communication
• Ability to adapt to change in organization, platforms, technology, and team structure
• Autonomous, resourceful, self-starting, and comfortable with high visibility and regular engagement with leadership
• Comfortable managing and developing others within the scope of communications and strategic messaging as it relates to eBusiness
• Willing to travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.