Job ID :
US - New York - Syracuse
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Analyzes Chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- May pass through areas where chemical based products may be in use
- Other duties may be assigned
- 3 or more years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with analytical instrumentation, or 3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
- Ability to work independently within a customer location
- Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems