Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, preventative maintenance and qualifications (IQOQ).
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes Chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Conducts familiarization on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred.
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with ICP, ICP-MS is preferred. AA experiences a plus.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential.
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation.
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 80% within the territory or other areas as required.
Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs without assistance 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 70%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
The territory covers Southern California with local and overnight travel as required. This position will be remotely-based, ideally in Los Angeles, CA.
This position has not been approved for relocation.